When my wife, Heidi, and I were married, we did a few things. Heidi taught me how to cross stitch and we started working on Christmas stockings that had alot of intricate detail in the cross stitch patterns.

We never actually finished any but it was a nice thing to spend time together doing.
I have tried other things over the years. I've made some nice photo collages and a blanket or two.
One thing that has recently come back. Probably 14 years ago we discovered some little ceramic Christmas village houses. A craft store in Saskatoon was going out of business and we snapped a bunch up. We enjoyed painting a few of them but had so many that we never finished all of them. We packed them up and they have stayed packed up in a box where they have been subjected to probably 12 moves.
This past week before Christmas I got them out again and started painting more of them again. It was fun. Relaxing. Not completely mindless but just something that wasn't work but was still a challenge.
These are just a couple of them. And just one of the things that I enjoy doing. And to avoid being judged or being asked to hand over my man card. I am certainly able to multitask and watch football and basketball at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment