So with the new year comes a desire for renewal and for making changes. Change is always a challenge and I guess that is why people don't. It is always helpful to have someone else to push you along or inspire you.
In my case, I am lucky to have my wife. She is, quite frankly, amazing. At some point in the last 4 months or so, she decided to make changes. She started eating better and most noticeably, she started working out. It started with early morning walks which quickly morphed into walks/runs to the local Rec Center and even more. She was soon doing strength and toning classes as well as Boot Camp. We aren't talking a couple times a week. We are talking 6 days a week for 2 hours a day. M W F she goes on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes. She then heads to a strength and toning class for 30 minutes of work with dumbbells, resistance bands, exercise balls mixed with aerobic exercises. She then follows that up with another 30-45 minutes of elliptical work. Then on T TH Sat, she goes for an hour of elliptical and then an hour of Boot Camp.
It is truly amazing. I am super proud of her. She has lost weight and inches and more importantly, she inspires me. She says she has a long way to go. Maybe. I don't know.
All I know if that I am all in. Or at least that is what I am trying to do. I am getting up at 4:40 AM with her and going to the gym. I am not ready enough for Boot Camp or brave enough. I did try the strength and toning class but that was not good. Felt like I was going to throw up and had to stop and compose myself so that I didn't heave in front of a bunch of ladies.
But I will go back soon. Right now I am trying to increase my endurance and strength. I am counting my calories with the goal of getting down to the weight I was at almost 16 years ago when Heidi and I got married.
Is it out of my mind to think it can be done? Not at all. It feels great to set a goal and to continue to work at it. I have felt miserable for quite some time and want to feel better. Physically and in terms of how I feel about myself.
So working out is where it begins. Actually, it began because my wife took a step in the right direction. All I have to do is follow her.
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment